Wednesday, August 11, 2010

One of THOSE days

Friday was a very exhausting LONG and BUSY day. 
(sorry if it sounds like I'm complaining the whole time, I really am NOT like that)


I had a Dr. appointment for Makinley, just a recheck to make sure her ear infection and congestion were under control for the weekend. 


Woke up at 6:30am, or should I say my almost two year old woke me up.  It's really cute he runs in the room and says (in his little squeaky/high pitched voice) "Hi, Mommy" but then I roll over and look at the clock and think to myself "really you couldn't just lay there one more hour".  Then he starts his little chant "hungy hungy hungy" until to pry myself out of MYNOTSOCOMFORTABLE but feels OHSOGOODRIGHTNOW bed to get him a "popart" (pop-tart).


The puppies are wining in their kennels (we have two; a dachshund, and charcoal lab) they need to go outside to do their business.  Zane is throwing pop-tart all over the floor (thank goodness for dogs) and  Makinley is now crying in her crib, for she now is "hungy".  Why is it that everything has to all go chaotic that second. Why can't the dogs just wait a couple more seconds, or can't my baby girl just lay there and play while I try to pry my eyes open.  (I'm not a morning person) anytime before 8:00 is really hard for me


Anyway where was I?  Oh yeah.


 So I get things settled down, and need to hop in the shower with little monster man, who managed to get the pop-tart EVERYWHERE. (It must be a kid rule that no matter what it is they have to get it in their hair, on the back of their neck, all over their little tiny chubby arms, and mashed up all over their bottom) Really?!  Baby girl is back in her crib playing, and I go to the porch to let the dogs in when I find this....



 My fiancé’s dog(that is another story for later) has decided that my book looked really delicious and wanted a little nibble, hell maybe even the whole back cover and page. I swear this dog dislikes me it's not the first thing of mine he's chewed up like my shoes, two brand new bras, and now my book. Nothing is sacred anymore not even from the dogs. Thankfully he only chewed the corner and it is still readable.

Enough about that. 

We are getting ready to leave for the appointment.  Diaper bag? check.  Purse? check.   Baby girl in car seat? check.  Zane's shoes...missing.  Where on earth did Daddy put your shoes, as I run around on a rampage looking for shoes, I think screw it I will call him and find out.  My phone was just on the table.......uh.... great now that's missing too.  


I had to go online and send myself a text message just to find my phone so I could call my fiance so he could sit there and say "UHHHH shoes hmmm I don't know hmmmmm".  By this time its 11:20 and the appt. is at 11:30.  So I think oh you can just wear the ones in mommy's car ( they might be a little small, but will work for now).  Then I scoop everything back up,  and out the door we go to see this...













The bronco.

Ooooh yeah my car was overheating, and is in the shop. phooey. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the bronco. I don't mind driving it at all, but hauling two kids in and out of this thing is another story.  I can barely get in it myself let alone lift a toddler and a car seat into it, and of course it's HOT outside so that makes everything even better.  Did I mention I blow dried and straightened my hair, really don't know what I was thinking, the humidity is a hair killer.


After three in and outs of the bronco, this mommy was pooped, and so were the little ones.  Back home for nap time (the best part of the day). 


I could probably keep going but you get the gist on how my weekend went. I may have rough days being a new stay-at-home-mommy but in the end these two make it all worth while!    

1 comment:

  1. I do not understand why dogs like to eat paper, I've lost a book too and this boy eats mail and kleenex gross!

    ReplyDelete