Wednesday, September 22, 2010

You Capture-- Flowers

This weeks you capture is flowers.  I wish I would have taken that photo when I had the chance, my neighbor had some beautiful flowers growing,(not sure what they were called, should maybe ask). They were HUGE.  Unfortunately the rain came and demolished them. 

The weather here has been less than ideal to capture any flowers.  The cold is slowly showing it's ugly self and the flowers aren't liking that too much.

it's so sad that winter is coming, and we won't see these bright colors for six months, although I am loving the color change of the trees. 


I have used this one before( I know shame on me). I wanted to play around with the editing.

These next two were taken last week,  I'm not really sure if you could consider them flowers but I couldn't resist I absolutely LOVE the cattails.


I'm not really sure what these are called but I like them alot
This morning I was taking Z to pre-school and noticed some flowers on the side of the road, so on my way back I thought I would stop and see if I could snap a few photos. 

 Well lets just say everything was wrong. I didn't capture a single photo that looked at all decent, it was one thing after another.  Camera batteries dying, camera not wanting to focus on anything, wind blowing to hard... etc..  this is what I got instead.

  That saying "look before you leap" well they mean it!!

Head on over to I Should Be Folding Laundry (what I will be doing all day today, loads upon loads) and check out some more flowers! 
 Happy Thursday everyone!! 

Photobucket


13 comments:

  1. such gorgeous color LOVE the cattail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cattail! All great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The peony shot is so pretty, it's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun catail shots but the "look before you leap" is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cattails shot. That is so awesome. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your peony photo/re-edit is beautiful! While they are blooming, they are some of my favorite flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cattails! They are so awesome!
    I think the first flower is a clematis...assuming it's growing on a vine. We have one in front of our house and it's just gorgeous. They bloom multiples times a year if you're lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, the things we go through for the perfect shot! I love the cattails too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! The color! I can't believe your flowers are still so beautiful. Mine are gone. I had to buy mine at Walmart - LOL! I was dying at the muddy toe shot - bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the dramatic colors in the first one. The cattail and feathery grass are cool, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I wish I had thought of cattails. Very creative! And yes I think that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. my son called those hotdogs the other day, ha ha

    i captured & wrote about sunflowers, although dying, was pleased with what I learned and how they came out.

    http://curiousgeorgi.blogspot.com/2010/09/lifecycle-of-sonflower.html

    ReplyDelete